Starting a new home health care arrangement for your aging parent should be an exciting time. This begins a time of better health, safety, independence, and fulfillment for your aging parent, and less stress and greater confidence for you as their caregiver.
The highly customized services of this home health care provider can help your parents live their best life no matter what types of challenges and limitations they are facing. As you are getting ready to head into this care arrangement, it is important to take the time to prepare your senior for their new lifestyle. This will make the transition smoother and ensure your parent starts experiencing the tremendous benefits as soon as possible.
Some ways you can prepare your parent to start home care include:
- Reassure them that you are there for them and that this arrangement does not mean you don’t want to be a part of their life or will not be caring for them any longer.
- Get their home as organized as possible so it is easier for the care provider to become accustomed to the surroundings and give your senior the care they need. Consider adding labels to cabinets, drawers, and containers throughout the home to make it easier to find necessities in the first few days of care.
- Work with your parent to create a list of all the information the care provider might need as they are getting to know your senior. A schedule of their usual day, a list of their likes and dislikes, notes of any allergies, contact information for their doctors and for you, and other such personal information can be exceptionally helpful for the care provider.
- Talk to your senior about the purpose of the care provider and what they are there to do. Remind them of tasks the care provider will not be handling for them and those that the care provider will do. Discourage them from resisting the care and continuing to rely on you for tasks the care provider can fulfill. Remind them that it may take getting used to, but the more they rely on the care from their provider, the faster they will get accustomed to it, and the easier the situation will be for everyone.
Taking care of yourself is just as important as taking care of your senior when you are a family caregiver. It is easy to overlook your own needs or put them aside in order to give yourself more time to handle needs for your senior, your children, or others. This can leave you experiencing stress, exhaustion, and diminished effectiveness in your care role.
Bringing home health care into your care approach is an exceptional way to ensure your parent is getting all the care they need while also giving you the time to focus on your own needs as well. An in-home senior care services provider gives completely customized services, which means your parent can stay safe and healthy while also pursuing more independence and fulfillment as they age in place.
If you or an aging loved one are considering hiring professional Home Health Care Services in Cornelius NC, please call the caring staff at BlueDot Cares today, (704) 586-9248.
Kevin’s passion to inspire independence has helped over 40,000 local families regain independence in the home.It was through helping these families that Kevin identified a gaping hole in the health care sector.People want to recover and age at home and current in-home care options make it hard and inefficient to do so.Families have to piece together providers for the needs of their loved ones.
Kevin founded BlueDot Cares to fix this challenge for families.BlueDot’s family of companies provides a synergy of care allowing loved ones to recover or age where they want to – at home.Families can feel comfort that their loved ones not only have the most supportive and best caregivers; but also, they will have the equipment they need to remain safe at home.
BlueDot has grown over the years because Kevin truly cares, the employees care, the referring physicians care, the current clients that refer friends and family to BlueDot CARE!BlueDot is part of the community and is honored to show the community that BlueDot cares through a corporate initiative.For every new BlueDot Cares client, a bed will be purchased for a child in need in the community.
BlueDot cares and will inspire in more ways than one!
For more information on Kevin and BlueDot, please visit his LinkedIn Page (https://www.linkedin.com/in/kevin-bilderback-1bb3326)
Latest posts by Kevin Bilderback (see all)
- BlueDot Cares Attends Valentine’s Ball at Summit Place South Park - February 14, 2019
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Hospital-Induced Delirium? - February 4, 2019
- 4 Signs Experts Say Point to Seniors Needing Help - January 23, 2019