When you took on the role of being a family caregiver for your elderly loved one, you did so in order to help your parent stay safe and healthy, and live their best life as they age in place. You may have noticed challenges and limitations they were dealing with and knew you needed to help them handle them, but if you are like many family caregivers, as time has passed, you have noticed more challenges your parent experiences on a regular basis.
Some of these may be difficult for you to help them handle, such as needing help in the bathroom. An elderly adult who is struggling with incontinence or physical or cognitive challenges that keep them from being able to utilize the restroom effectively and independently can deal with many issues.
They are likely to experience emotional concerns such as embarrassment, anxiety, and even depression. They may also struggle with physical consequences such as urinary tract infections and skin health problems.
Having a senior care provider as a part of your parents care routine can help them to cope with these problems in ways that are nurturing, respectful, and dignified to protect their health and maintain their quality of life. This also reduces your stress and can relieve both of you of the emotional difficulty that can come from you handling it such a sensitive task.
Some ways that bathroom help from a senior care provider can benefit your elderly loved one include:
- Continuous access to care and support that can be extremely beneficial for your elderly parent if you are not able to be with your parent at all times.
- Respectful, dignified help for a senior dealing with incontinence that can include helping them to create and follow a bathroom schedule, helping them manage the use of incontinence products, and ensuring they maintain good hygiene and cleanliness that protects their skin health.
- Mobility assistance for an elderly adult who may struggle with the physical aspects of getting into the bathroom, sitting and standing from the toilet, and properly cleaning themselves.
- Assistance with getting to and using unfamiliar bathrooms, such as when they are out of the home. Knowing they have access to this assistance can make them more confident to head out of the home and enjoy a more active lifestyle.
One of the most important things you can do as a family caregiver is recognize your own limitations and your need for help. Admitting you need help does not mean you don’t want to care for your parents or don’t care about the quality of their care. Instead, reaching out for assistance from a senior care provider is a way it to ensure your parent gets everything they need as they age in place.
An in-home senior care services provider can step in to fill care gaps and meet the challenges you are unable to handle on your own. This means your senior gets the respectful, dignified, and effective care and support they deserve while still enjoying a loving, nurturing relationship with you.
If you or an aging loved one are considering hiring professional Senior Care Services in Gastonia NC, please call the caring staff at BlueDot Cares today, (704) 586-9248.
Kevin’s passion to inspire independence has helped over 40,000 local families regain independence in the home.It was through helping these families that Kevin identified a gaping hole in the health care sector.People want to recover and age at home and current in-home care options make it hard and inefficient to do so.Families have to piece together providers for the needs of their loved ones.
Kevin founded BlueDot Cares to fix this challenge for families.BlueDot’s family of companies provides a synergy of care allowing loved ones to recover or age where they want to – at home.Families can feel comfort that their loved ones not only have the most supportive and best caregivers; but also, they will have the equipment they need to remain safe at home.
BlueDot has grown over the years because Kevin truly cares, the employees care, the referring physicians care, the current clients that refer friends and family to BlueDot CARE!BlueDot is part of the community and is honored to show the community that BlueDot cares through a corporate initiative.For every new BlueDot Cares client, a bed will be purchased for a child in need in the community.
BlueDot cares and will inspire in more ways than one!
For more information on Kevin and BlueDot, please visit his LinkedIn Page (https://www.linkedin.com/in/kevin-bilderback-1bb3326)
Latest posts by Kevin Bilderback (see all)
- Have You Seen Your Parents Do These Things? If So, It’s Time to Take Their Keys - January 9, 2019
- Benefits of Senior Care: Bathroom Help - December 18, 2018
- Preparing Your Parent to Start Home Health Care - December 3, 2018